FEED ME! MSU Orchid Fertilizer - RO/Rain/Tap Water - Gallon
MSU RO/Rain/Tap Water Formula 13-3-15 8Ca-2Mg
FEED ME! MSU orchid fertilizer for RO/Rain/Tap is urea free, great for orchids and other prized plants. This FEED ME! MSU Orchid Fertilizer Version is recommended for use with reverse osmosis (RO), rain or tap water low in alkalinity. We offer a full line of FEED ME! fertilizer available exclusively from rePotme.com.
Looking for FEED ME! MSU Orchid Fertilizer for Well Water?
We offer both liquid and granular versions of FEED ME! MSU orchid fertilizer. When used as directed, they each supply an equal dose of nutrients.
Nutrient Analysis of FEED ME! MSU Orchid Fertilizer granular - RO/Rain/Tap Water is 13-3-15 8Ca-2MgMacronutrients:
- Total Nitrogen 13% (Nitrate Nitrogen 12.5%, Ammoniacal Nitrogen 0.7%)
- Phosphate 3.7%
- Potash 15.9%
- Calcium 8%
- Magnesium 2.6%
- Iron 0.177%
- Manganese 0.088%
- Zinc 0.044%
- Copper 0.044%
- Boron 0.018%
- Molybdenum 0.018%
Derived from boric acid, calcium nitrate, copper sulfate, Iron EDTA, magnesium nitrate, manganese sulfate, potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, sodium molybdate and zinc sulfate.
FEED ME! orders are eligible for the Dollar Menu.
We are proud to offer our customers the authentic famous fertilizer formulations studied at Michigan State University (MSU) as printed in Orchids - The Bulletin of the American Orchid Society and the Journal of the International Phalaenopsis Alliance in 2003.The complete five part article as printed in the Journal of the International Phalaenopsis Alliance in 2003 is reprinted here with permission from the author.
I received my order yesterday and I can't wait to get my orchids repotted!
You guys are like my "orchid Netflix" - one business day and I receive my package - I love it!
I've been using Schultz fertilizer - can't wait to see them take off with the rePotme fertilizer.
Thanks for being there with an awesome selection of supplies and great prices along with a quick delivery.
A very happy customer,
Kecia S. --- Lillington, NC
"Thanks for checking up with me about the arrival of my order. Shipment was perfect.
I have to admit that my orchids, especially Paphiopedilum, look much better after application of the FEED ME! MSU granular fertilizer. I use it at 1 tsp per PUR filter purified water every two weeks, I water most of my orchids that are in bark twice per week. Orchids that are in finer bark or more water retaining media are watered once per week. ... By the way, my Vandofinetia 'Blaupunkt' started a spike about 2 months after I applied the FEED ME!. It did not bloom for about 2 years after it was received from a grower with a spike. I'm going to experiment with Coconut Husk fibers as all orchids that I received in this medium (Vandofinetia, Ascocentrum, several Psychopsis) look exceptionally healthy."
Norman P. -- Suwanee, Georgia
My order arrived in perfect condition, and it couldn't have been quicker!
I'm pleased with the quality of your products and for your exceptional service, and I'll certainly be in touch as my orchid needs grow or need replenishing.
Also, my compliments on your website -- I'm newish to orchids, and I currently have a very small collection. Your repotting instructions are amazing, and I've never seen anything about the properties of cinnamon! Thank you for your very thoughtful and informative lessons.
Joan C. ---- Brooklyn NY
Thank you for the follow-up email and for your organized and efficient business.
I do a lot of ordering online, and I have NEVER had a company ask if the shipment arrived, and in what condition. The order was packed perfectly, everything arrived in excellent condition. Your merchandise is just as stated on your website. You have what I would call "A classy operation" !
Keep up the good work!
A very satisfied customer,
Ann B. ---- New Franken, WI
FEED ME! - MSU Fertilizer for Orchids - Directions for Use
How Do I Mix FEED ME?
- Mix liquid FEED ME! at 1 oz/gallon in the fall/winter and 1.5 oz/gallon in the spring and summer. One ounce is equal to 2 tablespoons. Please see our measuring spoons.
- Mix granular RO/Rain/Tap FEED ME! at 3/4 teaspoon/gallon in the fall/winter and 1 teaspoon/gallon in the spring/summer.
- Mix granular Well Water FEED ME! at 1/2 teaspoon/gallon in the fall/winter and 3/4 teaspoon/gallon in the spring/summer.
- If using a fertizer injector, mix the stock solution proportional to the ratio of the injector. For example, for a 1:3 injector you would want to add 3 times as much fertilizer as you would if feeding directly.
What is the best way to fertilize orchids?
- Use a solution of fertilizer and water as the weekly watering 3 out of every 4 weeks of each month.
- Flush pots with ample water on the 4'th week and do not fertilize. This will leach out salts left behind in the media.
How much fertilizer should be applied?
- When in doubt, too little is better than too much.
- Don't try to make up for not fertilizing by giving a hefty amount all at once, instead try to fertilize "weekly weakly".
- Many orchids like a weekly solution of about 125ppm Nitrogen in the fall/winter with more in the spring/summer when orchids are in their most active growth (about 200ppm). The mixing instructions for FEED ME! above provide this amount.
What type of fertilizer is best?
- The best fertilizer is the one that complements the water that you use and the media the orchid is growing in.
- The fertilizer formula studied at Michigan State University (MSU) is a complete formula including critical micronutrients where the effectiveness of the formula has been studied and published.
- For reverse osmosis (RO), rain and tap water use a complete fertilizer that is urea-free such as our MSU RO/Rain/Tap Water Version FEED ME!.
- For well or hard water use a complete fertilizer without added Calcium and Magnesium such as our MSU Well Water Version FEED ME!.
- Too much nitrogen can lead to nice foliage but few flowers.
- Typical pellet fertilizers deliver food at an uneven rate, breaking down very quickly in the heat and and very slowly in the cold. If their coating is damaged or it is very hot or wet, entirely too much food can be released too quickly. Pellets also prevent flushing with clear water to leach out salts that build up in the media.
Does MSU Fertilizer have to be used with Reverse Osmosis (RO) water?
- No. MSU RO/Rain/Tap Water Version Fertilizer is good with any water that is low in alkalinity such as most tap water, rain water and reverse osmosis (RO) water.
- MSU Well Water Version Fertilizer is good for hard water from wells.
- Water that is extremely high in alkalinity or tastes salty isn't suitable for watering orchids no matter what fertilizer you use. Households in areas where the water is unsuitable for orchids should consider solutions such as rain barrels or filters.
What about Bloom Booster formulas?
- There has been a good deal of debate over the benefit of bloom booster formula fertilizer for orchids. While some people swear by them, there has not been scientific proof to date of their effectiveness.
- The current research indicates that the type of phosphorus is more important than the quantity. The type of phosphorus in the authentic MSU formulas is a big part of what makes it so effective for orchids.
Don't forget measuring spoons!
Customers who viewed this item also viewed...
Tropical / Subtropical Mix - Imperial Bonsai Soil
Green Phal Hook - 13 inch
5" Classic White Orchid Pot
10" Parisian Red Round Ceramic Orchid Pot and Detached Matching Ceramic Drip Tray
Pro-Mix HP Standard Bag
See all Orchid Fertilizer Products